Perchance to Dream

Mister_Moniker

Howdy, everybody. I've spent a few hours so far on forcing my first tulpa, so I thought it would be fun to post my progress here and hopefully get some feedback on my day-to-day process. My sessions so far have been 30-40 minutes apiece, as I'm generally working about 16-17 hours out of the day and don't have much free time for concentrated focus. That aside, let me introduce you to my tulpa!

Her name is Mare Somniorum (Latin for Sea of Dreams), something I picked up while researching the Lunar Maria. I've taken to just calling her "Dream," though, whenever we force and throughout the day as I narrate to her. My current visualization of her is of a dark grey pegasus with navy-blue hair and orange eyes, and to everyone that's tired of pony tulpas, hey, it's my brain, I ain't gotta explain shit.

I did tell her that she's free to change her form however she wants, though. I hear a lot about how tulpas enjoy being able to interact with their hands, and if she feels like having a body more suitable for that sort of task, I'm fine with it.

Anyway! So far I've spent about 2 1/2 hours of dedicated forcing time, working on personality. I still have a long ways to go before that's done, and I may go back to reinforce some of the traits I've already worked on with her. What's interesting is that she's already started prodding me with an infrequent emotional response. Happiness seems to be the emotion that registers the easiest, and it generally follows instances where I'm narrating to her for a while about my work, or my plans for future forcing sessions, etc.

As of yesterday, she figured out how to get my attention. Fucking headache. Smart thinking on her part. As soon as I asked her to lay off some of the pressure, though, it disappeared. I'm hoping she won't try that again.

Firsly, welcome.

Secondly, don't count hours or time forced. I did, and all it does it help influence you into thinking in a schedule frame of mind. You want forcing sessions to be pretty much constant, if broken up. Like you can sit down for an hour and force, but you never really stop- you just stop sitting down and visualising her. You can still think about her or talk to her. You should be at the very least trying to talk to her or make little comments and things as much as you can.

Headaches are a good thing. They show that your tupper is active and probably wanting to talk to you. Don't try to quell those headaches. You want them to persist and develop. If you tell her to stop then it's basically telling her to shut up and only speak when she's spoken to.

frt

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on nothing but Dream's personality for the past week or so. I haven't heard any words yet, but I still get plenty of head pressure and flashes of emotion in response to things that I say or do. And since the majority of my working hours are spent in a vehicle, I've taken to clearing off the passenger seat and chatting with her while I drive around and "shoot up" local "hoods."

Is this awesome? (Y/N)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost done with personality, but I'll probably spend more time reiterating things I've already gone over or drumming up new ways to explain each of the traits I've come up with individually. Maybe thinking of different scenarios where certain traits would come into play, and how Dream would act and react with each. She's been giving me good feels pretty regularly now whenever I speak with her, though I haven't been able to hear anything from her yet.

Pretty sure she's been trying, though, which gives me the warm and fuzzies.

During my forcing sessions lately I've been mixing up my specific trait sessions with stretches of time where I simply sit and talk with her while in my trance/relaxed state. Talking about the day's events, people I spoke with, things that she may like or want to experience once she's fully imposed - that sort of thing. I still get plenty of head pressure and bits of emotional response when I do it, which I'm sure is good news.

A couple of crazy things happened last night. First of all, while I was in my forcing session with Dream, I was focusing on a blank mental scape while I was speaking with her. Nothing pictured, just talking one-on-one. Suddenly in the middle of my sentence, I saw what looked like the Sun or an orange falling star pop into my mind and light up the whole "area." It looked like a massive dark ocean that stretched out to the horizon.

Then the star dropped and dipped below the horizon line, which made everything dark again and more or less brought me back to where I was imagining previously. It startled the shit out of me when the star lit everything up out of nowhere, too. I almost jumped. After that, I asked her if she had just given me that picture. She responded with feelings of happiness and comfort, which I've taken to mean "yes."

After the session, I went to bed and ended up having what I believe was my first lucid dream. I dreamed a lot last night, and I don't remember all of the details. I do remember, specifically, seeing an old, wooden cupboard that opened up and held something inside of it. All that I remember after the cupboard was opened is that there were memories inside, ones that I don't remember now and I apparently didn't WANT to remember at all. I asked Dream to make them go away, I know that much. As soon as I asked her, the cupboard closed and locked, and whatever was in there disappeared from my mind. I have no clue what was in there, but Dream performed admirably in whatever she did to close it back up.

That was the single most intense experience I've had since starting with her.

So I've been taking a dip in the ocean Dream showed me every time we've done a session, and it's helping me work on my visualization. I finished up with her personality this morning, too. Starting tomorrow I'm going to start working on her visualization, as well as reinforcing a lot of the traits we've already gone over.

Still not sure about whether I'd like to build a wonderland, or even how to go about it, but I did broach the idea of making a library/den area where I can catalog all the things I've read and share them with her.

So I've been taking a dip in the ocean Dream showed me every time we've done a session,

Still not sure about whether I'd like to build a wonderland,

You already have one. Wonderlands are wonderlands, no matter how small.